It is easy to take the Domain Name System (DNS) for granted. It is something that performs so quietly and seamlessly that so many people don’t even know what it is. DNS is not exactly something that family and friends talk about with passion around the dinner table. (Except if you work at No-IP) However, DNS is exactly what saves people during Black Friday shopping, staying connected with loved ones you’re unable to break bread with, or frankly just being able to enjoy some alone time when you need a break from all the social interactions. DNS is what makes all our searching and researching on the internet possible from looking up Thanksgiving dinner recipes to which stores have the best holiday deals. Without it, we’d be banging our heads against our computers and phones trying to figure out the IP addresses of all our favorite websites.
Let’s take a look at some reasons to be thankful for DNS:
- Instead of dragging yourself out of bed before sunrise to wait in line in your PJs to go holiday shopping, you can shop online from the comfort of your cozy and warm home. You don’t even need to leave your bed!
- You can stay connected to friends and family across the country or on the other side of the world – These days, it is not uncommon to video chat with your loved ones during dinner or throughout your party.
- Traveling for the holidays means being away from home. Being able to peek in at any time at your home security cameras helps you not only keep an eye on things but also makes for a relaxing and stress-free vacation.
- Football season is in full swing during Thanksgiving, and you can place those last-minute bets knowing that those websites are being hosted reliably and are equipped to handle the surge in traffic. When placing bets, timing is everything!
- No one likes waiting in line, whether you are at the store or sitting at home on your computer. Online retailers will have dependable access to Point of Sale (POS) devices, which means you don’t have to wait in line all weekend to purchase all your great deals for everyone on your gift list.
All of that reliability with a fast and easy set-up. If you’re not using a Managed DNS service provider, set aside some time over the holiday weekend to check it out.
There is a lot for No-IP to be thankful for, as well!
- The spirit of giving – No-IP was able to give back to the community in a number of ways this year by sponsoring local events, contributing to scholarship funds, and donating funds to local non-profit organizations. During December, we are also hosting our 9th Annual Giving Thanks Virtual Food Drive and will be hosting an event to benefit a local animal shelter.
- Staying in the game – No-IP celebrated its 23rd birthday this year! So much has changed in two decades, but what hasn’t changed is our mission statement.
- Our team was recognized with some pretty cool awards this year!
- Growth is good and we have experienced more growth this year than ever. We have added new members to our team for Development, Customer Success, and Marketing.
Taking time to give thanks and appreciate what we have is a great way to embrace the holiday season. At No-IP, we are so thankful for our amazing customers that we are excited to announce that on December 20th, we will be kicking off our 5 Days of No-IP. It is chock full of giveaways, amazing deals, and offers, so stay tuned for more information.