It was 12 days before Christmas and the office was quiet. No-IP’s marketing team couldn’t deny it. The tree had been trimmed and the decorations hung. Promotions had been discussed and parties were flung. So they thought what else can we do? Post to Facebook, Twitter and write a blog entry too? Yes, thought the teamContinue Reading
We would like to take a few moments to give 20 million thanks to our 20 million users!Continue Reading
It’s that time of year again. You are heading to another awkward holiday gathering where you will have forced conversation with relatives you hardly ever see. But that isn’t even the worst of it. Between the warm egg nog and burnt turkey you will inevitably be asked, “Hey, can you help me fix my computer?” ItContinue Reading
No-IP is attending this year’s ISC East trade show in New York City, November 19-20. ISC East is marketed as, “THE security industry trade show.” This year’s event will feature representatives from more than 200 of the security industries best companies. Attendees of the trade show have the opportunity to stay ahead of the security game as they learn about new technology and future products.
Some of the new products and solutions featured at ISC East include:
– wireless security applications
– fingerprint and facial recognition
– lockdown equipment
– home automation
Most importantly, No-IP will be introducing a new security solution at the show! No-IP Security Solutions provides Dynamic DNS and remote access on your own custom domain. It features easy account management and optional installation support from the world’s leader in DDNS. Find out more about this new service here or talk to our sales team at booth 645 during the trade show!
This past weekend, No-IP sponsored a lunch for the World’s Biggest Little Hackathon, Hack4Reno event. According to the Hack4Reno website, the event, “Is a weekend hackathon event for building apps that create a more informed and engaged community in the city of Reno.” The event took place over two days and was hosted at the Reno Collective (aContinue Reading
Are You Making These 3 Managed DNS Mistakes?
1. Not having a backup hosting provider. Do you manage your DNS internally? Do you have a backup hosting provider? If your primary host goes down, a second hosting provider can still divert your traffic to the right place. (Just make sure your offline settings are directed to a different IP address)
2. Not monitoring your DNS for downtime. If your site goes out at 2am, will you know immediately, or will you have to wait until 9am when a customer finally calls in to ask whats up with your website? 5 minutes of downtime isn’t good, let alone hours! With server monitoring, you will get a notification the second something goes wrong with your website. Be sure to monitor your web services with No-IP.
3. Not having failover support. What if your website does go down? So, you get a notification that it is down, but what will you do? If you have failover support, your traffic will automatically be diverted to another IP address, web site, or to a custom web page stored on our servers. When your service comes back up online, we will undo the failover settings and normal operations will continue. Your website won’t miss a beat and your CEO and customers will stay happy. How does the failover service work?
If you are making any of these mistakes, it’s time to think about solutions that will help resolve them. The last thing you want to do is worry about failover support or a backup hosting provider at 2 in the morning when your website is down and your international customers can’t reach your website. Learn more about all of the services that No-IP offers.
Have something to add to this article? Leave your comments in below. What is your DNS failover solution?
It seems like a very common topic. Passwords. As we are currently in the wake of yet another password breach, this time encompassing over 5 million Gmail passwords, it seems like no matter what you do, your password can and will be stolen. What should you do if you are a victim or simply want to seeContinue Reading
At No-IP, we believe strongly in the right to an open and free Internet. The internet itself has gone through massive growth since it was born. We rely on it more than ever. We get our news, family and friend updates and knowledge from the Internet. It’s how we entertain ourselves with funny cat memesContinue Reading
Want to help us while helping others? Configuring a device or forwarding ports on a router can be tricky. We try to help when we can, but there are many different devices with many different versions of firmware which can make it difficult. This is where you come into play. Please help us build a comprehensive public portContinue Reading
Small tech company in the Biggest Little City makes the Inc. 5000 list. We are so proud to announce that we have made the 2014 Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies! Inc. magazine has listed No-IP on the just released eighth annual Inc. 5000 – an exclusive ranking of the nation’s fastest-growingContinue Reading